Jeep Wrangler Aluminum Drop Down Tailgate Conversion Kit
The only kit out there in the market that converts your factory swing out tailgate into a drop down tailgate. This robust drop down tailgate conversion kit is designed to easily hold over 400 lbs. This kit is compatible with your factory hard or soft top, so you can easily keep water and thugs out of the back of your Jeep.
The tailgate conversion kit uses your existing tailgate latch mechanism so your tailgate will remain lockable and rattle free. The kit installs with minimal shop tools and no welding is required for installation
The SWAG drop down LJ-TJ-YJ tailgate is CNC laser cut from 3/16" 6061-T6 aluminum plate that provides superior corrosion protection and reduces the total overall weight. Each drop down tailgate kit comes standard with stainless steel fasteners for sleek appearance. We used the very best hinges in the industry.
This kit will work with any aftermarket 3/16" corner armor. This product is shipped in bare raw aluminum and will need to be powder coated, painted and or left raw aluminum. A solid aluminum bottom panel will be supplied with every drop down tailgate kit sold.Your spare tire will need to be attached with an after market swing out tire carrier. This kit is compatible with either a bumper mounted tire carrier or a tub mounted tire carrier. There are dozens of designs and manufactures to pick form depending upon your requirements and the amount you are looking to spend.
A drop down tail gate has many ideal uses, here are a few that previous customers have sent to us.
- The ultimate off road work bench trail repair station,its always with you
- The perfect place to set the Coleman camp cooking stove.
- When it rains I can lift up the hard top glass and sit on a dry tailgate.
- With two kids In diapers, it is the only flat spot on a Jeep.
- What good is a tailgating party with out a tailgate.
- Take the rear seat out and I can easily sleep in the back.
- It is a great place to sit and watch people after I've broken my Jeep.
- A great place to set my tool bag, and have a trail side picnic.
- Who needs a drop down tailgate, I love getting hit in the back when parked on a hill with my swing out factory tailgate.